HEAVY METAL DEATH TRAP!


The heavy metal death trap. This old girl started life as a 1972 XLCH Sportster. Then sometime in the 90s it was hard tailed, and customized to look like one of the Orange County Choppers monstrosities of the day. This is how it looked when I stumbled on it. I was trying to move some beat to hell jet skis, did a little horse trading, and drug it home with me. I toyed with the idea of leaving it as is, in its own horrid way it was still kinda cool. But I just couldn’t. The stretched tanks, and bob tail fender just looked terrible on a little 1000cc sporty. The bike ran fairly well and the stance was pretty good, so I decided on a simple face lift. New tins, seat, and some cleaning, and I’d be back on the road in short order, and not too much money out of pocket. LMAO. (That was funny) I tore the bike down, and as tends to happen..got interested in another project and it sat, for about two years..

CLICK HERE FOR THE REST OF THE STORY...